Saturday, July 5, 2008

Made with lots and lots of Love!

When I started Green Mommy Guide, my baby, Drew was only 6 weeks old. I knew I wanted to make my own baby food for him for so many reasons:the financial savings, the health benefits, and being able to control exactly what does and what doesn't going into my little guy's body. But I haven't had the chance until the last few weeks. Drew is 6 months old now and has graduated past cereal. He now eats bananas, pears, sweet potatoes, and green beans- all of which has been made with a ton of love by his mama. The "work" (if you can call it that) of making his food is far less time consuming that I thought it might be. We're talking 10 minutes, tops, for a batch that lasts all week. The benefits are beyond what I thought they'd be, too. When Drew gives me a big, orange, organic sweet potato grin, I know its because of something I made for him, not just something I grabbed from a store shelf!

Anyway, I hope everyone's having a great weekend! Stay tuned for a whole new section coming to Green Mommy Guide- I hope you'll find it fun and helpful!

No comments: